Saturday, July 4, 2015

Yale Outdoor Activities

2015-07-03

American's National Holiday comes! Yale Outdoor English Center holds an outdoor barbecu activity for ELI summer session students.

When hearing Carrie said that we can swimming there, I was a little worried because I don't know how to swim. After taking an one-hour schoolbus driving to Yale Outdoor Center, we finally reached the beautiful lake. It looks so fabulous under the clean blue sky. We took a brief lunch (not so delicious but OK) and scattered to shoot those beautiful scenaries, some busy with their own selfies, others waiting around one camera for Marina to shoot us. Marina is so skilled at taking pictures, about how to catch a good view and how to talk to us into naturally smiling.

We also went to canoeing. I even asked the safeguard whether we need some skills to canoe. When getting a "no any skilled technics" answer and encouraged by Marina, I pulled out all my bravery and sat in a two-seat canoe with Marina.
Canoeing in such a peaceful lake, bathing in the warm sun and exposed to the cooling breezes, I was so enjoying the oars cutting into and out of the water. "Gulongdong", then the water splashing around, the canoe flying on the surface of the lake. Marina knew I don't know how to canoe, so she sat behind keeping the boat to the right direction.
 
On the shore there is a quiet corner, where you can sit and enjoy the peace weekend. Some of my friends even say they would like to live here for ever. To be frank, I want to live by the shore as well , but only when my family is with me.
 
 
Just several days away from home, I found myself missing them so much. Only if they were with me, enjoying the breathless beauty and canoeing with me!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment